We have designed these policies in order to give you the best possible membership experience, and to allow us to efficiently and effectively administer all of your memberships with our awesome but tiny office staff! We think these policies are fair, and we will try to always be fair and treat you right. If you think something isn’t fair, please come and argue with us about it, but don’t say we didn’t warn you.
These policies supercede all previous policies and apply to all clients. We reserve the right to update these policies at any time. The term “membership” includes all CrossFit, Bootcamp, and any other group class membership we offer. The term “private training session” includes all individual private training, Private On Ramp, Semi-Private On Ramp, Intro to Strength, Intro to Movement, and Intro to Olympic Weightlifting sessions, in addition to any other private or semi-private session we offer.
All memberships and private training sessions
- All memberships and private training sessions are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and non-transferrable. Just like your cheapest plane tickets.
- All non-contract memberships and private training sessions must be paid before your first attendance and in full.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule classes and private training sessions at any time to accommodate holidays, special events, or whims of the Owners. No refunds or credit will be granted due to schedule changes.
- We don’t think this will happen much, but just in case, we reserve the right to:
- Refuse you entry to class if you turn up more than 5 minutes late or without a confirmed reservation. Note being waitlisted is not a confirmed reservation.
- Cancel your private training session if you turn up more than 15 minutes late (making the session subject to our cancellation policies as detailed below.)
- Kick you out of class if you are a pain in the ass*.
- Terminate your membership or private training sessions at any time if you are a serial pain in the ass*. Should it come to this, we will refund you the pro-rated balance on your membership or private training sessions.
- All memberships are subject to the following rules and limitations:
- You must sign in with the coach to EVERY class you attend.
- If the coach is unable to sign you into class, you must alert the staff immediately so that your issues may be resolved. Likely you don’t have a valid membership anymore. Maybe it has expired?
- NO WORKOUTS OUTSIDE CLASS.
- Participation in group class is at the sole discretion of the CrossFit YiQi coaching staff. If the staff has concerns about your ability to safely participate in group class, you may be required to train privately.
* Determination of what constitutes a pain in the ass is at the discretion of the Owners and Coaches. We are reasonable people, and we would only make this determination if you have driven us to the EDGE.
- Billing, Auto-Renewal & Expiration Dates
- Memberships begin on the date you sign up by default or the date you specify.
- Membership renew on the same day of the month as your sign-up date (i.e. if you sign up on the 11th, you’ll be billed each cycle on the 11th.)
- For memberships where this is relevant, the week is Monday-Sunday.
- All memberships will auto-renew by default unless you notify us before it’s being auto-renewed.
- Failure to attend class does not relieve you of the obligation to pay for your membership.
- Past Due Payments
- Payments more than two weeks past due will be subject to a $20 administrative fee.
- Should payment be made more than two weeks late 3 or more times, we will send the official CrossFit YiQi Chow Chow to hunt down your significant other. And you will have to pay the balance of the contract up front in order to continue.
Monthly, 3-monthly, 6-monthly and yearly Memberships may be temporarily placed on hold. This is a courtesy to accommodate the occasional vacation, illness, or injury. If you’re not sure what your schedule will be, please purchase a punch card instead of a monthly or yearly membership. Punch cards cannot be placed on hold. To place a membership on hold, please e-mail email@example.com with your requested hold dates and a confirmation that you understand the following hold conditions:
- The minimum hold period is two weeks.
- The maximum hold period is 3 months.
- An administrative hold fee of $20 will be assessed at the start of each hold period. But If you have a 3-monthly membership, your first hold is free of charge. If you have a 6-monthly membership, your first 2 holds are free of charge. If yearly, 3 are free.
- Holds longer than one month will incur a $20 charge for each month the membership remains on hold.
- Once 3 months of hold has been reached, the membership must either be reactivated, or it will be dropped and any remaining credit will be forfeited. If we do not hear from you regarding what you would like to do with your membership, it will be dropped and any remaining credit will be forfeited.
- Extensions of an existing hold will be treated for administrative purposes as an additional hold. Holds may be terminated early at any time.
- There are no retroactive holds: you must let us know in advance if you wish to place your membership on hold.
- Upon expiration of the hold, the member’s account will automatically become active, and payments will resume.
We will allow you to cancel your contract for any reason for the fee of the discount you received for signing it. To cancel a membership, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your requested termination date and a confirmation that you understand that you will be charged the cancellation fee.
Reserved classes must be cancelled no later than 60 minutes prior to class start time. Should a 10-Pass or PunchCard member fail to do so, it will be counted as a class taken and accordingly deducted from remaining classes available.
Benefits of Membership
These policies are designed to ensure that our athletes receive the best and safest training experience. We believe that participation in our programming under the watchful eye of a coach is critical to success. As someone who knows a thing or two about athletics once said, “Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.” Please allow us to help you practice perfectly!
- We have a strict 24-hour cancellation policy. If a confirmed appointment is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged for the session. To reschedule an appointment with more than 24-hours notice, please contact your coach directly.
- All sessions expire 2 months after purchase.